Italian scholarships are some of the most prestigious in the world. Many Italian universities require students to complete a scholarship application in order to be considered for admission. There are many different types of Italian scholarships, including academic and merit-based scholarships. Scholarships can be renewable or annual, and some require only that you submit an application.
Italy Universities Scholarships Programs
Scholarships are a common way for people to receive financial assistance in Italy. There are many scholarships available, and it is important to know which ones you might be eligible for. Some scholarship programs require applications, while others are open to everyone. It is also important to keep track of deadlines, as some scholarships have strict deadlines that must be met.
Scholarship application process: what to include in your application
Italian scholarships can be extremely competitive, so it’s important to make your application stand out. Here are some tips for maximizing your scholarship chances:
- Start by assembling a strong application package. Include proof of scholastic achievement (i.e. grades, test scores, letters of recommendation), a letter of intent explaining why you want to study in Italy, and any other relevant documentation.
- Be proactive in seeking information about Italian scholarships. Check the websites of Italian universities and research institutes, as well as international scholarship search engines (like bachelorsportal.com). You may also be able to find scholarships through Italian consulates or cultural centers in your home country.
- Take the time to write eloquently about your reasons for wanting to study in Italy.
Top Universities to select in Italy
- University of Rome
- Sapienza University of Rome
- Siena university
- Polytechnic di Torino
- University of Milan
- University of Cassino
- University of Pisa
Degree and Programs available
- Post Graduate
Italian websites to help find your Desired program
There are several Italian websites that can help you find program and then you can look into universities given above. Following are some website where you can filter your desired universities.
- For Ph.D/MS/BS: https://www.universitaly.it
- For only MS: https://www.mastersportal.com/articles/1615/how-to-apply
- For only BS: https://www.bachelorsportal.com/
- For all other https://europe.graduateshotline.com/it.html
For each university check their eligibility criteria & admission requirements on the official website of university/faculty. The eligibility criteria for these scholarships vary depending on the scholarship provider, but all Italian scholarships require a minimum GPA and SAT/ACT score. Additionally, many Italian scholarships require applicants to have a specific nationality or residency status.
Application submission deadline
Applications must be submitted before the start of the new session of 2023-24 so checkout each website and get things ready. Keep in mind the following:
- Most of the Italian universities have one intake in a year for foreign students.
- Admission Opens from January to March/April.
- However better to Check Date on official site of university.
~Most Universities application process is online and with or without application fee, in some cases you might have to send some documents to respective university.
Documents which you upload on online portal of university are most important and should be ready for quick submission. Following is a check list.
- All Educational Documents
- Motivation Letter
- Passport Copy
- Language Proficiency Certificate/IELTS
- Letter of Recommendations
- Job Certificates (Optional)
Online submission process:
You can select any university according to your need, choice and course. Once you select a university. You must create your own ID on their website, look for the words “Sign up”, “Register” or “Apply”. After creating your ID, you will be able to apply for the course of your wish.
Upload all (scanned) required documents and click done. You will receive a confirmation mail from your university (the email id on which you have registered yourself) confirming that we have received your documents etc.
Pro Tip: Apply in 2-3 Universities and Program for your better chances in Italy.
Some universities also take Admission test and Interview (online). But it varies from university to university. After university evaluate your documents and if you are eligible for the admission, they will send you the Offer Letter or Letter of Acceptance. Usually they take 15-30 days.
Next post we will try to tell about the next steps, importance of Ielts, Bank statement, Scholarship opportunities as well as Embassy requirement.