The European Union (EU) provides funding for scholarships known as Erasmus Mundus Scholarships. These scholarships were established to encourage collaboration and mobility between higher education institutions located in the EU and those located in other countries throughout the world. Students, researchers, and faculty members who wish to pursue their studies or research at a higher education institution located inside the EU are eligible to apply for and receive the scholarships. The scholarships are given out on the basis of merit, which means that there is a lot of competition for them.
Scholarships under the Erasmus Mundus programme are available in a wide range of subject areas, including the natural sciences, the mathematical sciences, engineering, and technology, as well as the social sciences, humanities, and arts. The scholarships are awarded to students and researchers from all over the world, and they provide financial support for all associated expenditures, including tuition, travel, and living expenses.
In order to submit an application for an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, you need to ensure that you satisfy the requirements for eligibility and complete the application process that has been established by the scholarship program. In most cases, this requires the submission of an application form, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and other documentation. The procedure for choosing candidates to receive scholarships is extremely tough, and only the most qualified applicants will be chosen to receive funding.
Details of Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2023
Several degree programs are being offered in 2023 Mundus scholarships. Following is a table that will briefly explain it.
|Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Program||Level of Study||Duration||Funding|
|Joint Masters Degree||Master’s||1-2 years||Full funding (tuition, travel, living expenses)|
|Joint Doctorates||Doctorate||3-4 years||Full funding (tuition, travel, living expenses)|
|Master’s and Doctoral candidates||Master’s or Doctorate||1-2 years (Master’s) or 3-4 years (Doctorate)||Partial funding (tuition, travel, living expenses)|
|PhD candidates||Doctorate||3-4 years||Partial funding (tuition, travel, living expenses)|
|Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Staff||Staff||1-2 months||Partial funding (travel, living expenses)|
Benefits of Erasmus Mundus
Someone might want to apply for an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship for a number of reasons, including:
- Funding: The European Union (EU) pays for the scholarships, which cover tuition, travel, and living costs for the length of the scholarship. Students and researchers who want to study or do research in the EU can get a lot of financial help from this.
- Quality education: Top-ranked universities and research institutions in the EU offer Erasmus Mundus. This means that the people who get them can get a high-quality education and do research at the cutting edge of their field.
- Cultural exchange: The scholarships give students and researchers the chance to study or do research in a different country. This can be a great way to learn about other cultures and grow as a person.
- Networking: The scholarship programme has a variety of activities and events that give scholars a chance to meet other scholars and professionals in their field.
- Career growth: Getting this scholarship is a prestigious accomplishment that can help a person’s career and give them new chances to study or work.
Countries Support Erasmus Mundus Scholarships
Higher education institutions in countries that are not members of the European Union but are included in the European Economic Area are also eligible to apply for Erasmus Mundus Scholarships. These nations include Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein (EEA).
You will also like : How to get Scholarships in Germany for International students
In addition, higher education institutions from some countries outside of the EU that are classified as “third countries” are eligible to participate in Erasmus Mundus Scholarship programmes.
Following EU member states that currently support these Scholarships:
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
To be eligible for this Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Citizenship: You must be from a country that is not a member of the EU. There are some exceptions to this rule, so it is best to check the specific eligibility requirements for the scholarship programme you are interested in.
- Degree level: Depending on the level of study you are applying for, you must have either a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree.
- Language skills: You must be able to speak English well or the language that is used to teach at the host institution. You might need to take a language test like the IELTS or TOEFL to show that you can speak the language well.
- Mobility: You must be willing to study or do research in a different country and be able to show that you have not spent more than 12 months in the EU in the last three years.
- Other criteria: The scholarship programme you are interested in may have other specific eligibility requirements, such as an age limit or requirements related to a certain subject. Make sure you meet all of the requirements for the scholarship programme you’re interested in by carefully reading the eligibility criteria.
Step by Step Application Process
- Check the eligibility criteria for the scholarship program you are interested in and ensure that you meet all of the requirements.
- Find a suitable program of study or research project that is offered by an EU higher education institution and is part of an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship program.
- Contact the host institution to inquire about the application process and to request any necessary application materials.
- Prepare all of the necessary application documents, including transcripts, letters of recommendation, and any other required materials.
- Submit your application by the deadline set by the host institution.
- Wait for the results of the selection process, which will typically be announced a few months after the application deadline.
It is critical that you carefully read the application requirements and meet all deadlines for the scholarship programme in which you are interested. Applications that are late or incomplete may be rejected.
Required documents for EU Scholarship
Depending on the individual scholarship programme you’re applying for and the host university you’re applying to, different papers are needed for an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship. However, the following common papers can be needed:
- Filling out an application form: This normally includes contact information, educational background, employment experience, and other pertinent information.
- A CV: This should have a detailed description of your education, work experience, and any other important achievements.
- Official transcripts: These need to list every course you’ve taken as well as the marks you attained.
- Recommendation letters: Usually, you need at least two letters of support from professors or other academic or professional sources who can attest to your qualifications and potential as a scholar.
- A personal statement should be a short essay that tells why you want the scholarship and what you want to get out of your studies or research.
- Proof of English language competency: If English is not your first language, you may be required to take a language exam like the TOEFL or IELTS to demonstrate your language ability.
- Other materials: You may be required to submit other documents, such as a research proposal, writing samples, or a portfolio of your work, depending on the scholarship programme and the host university. It’s crucial to thoroughly read the application guidelines and submit all necessary paperwork before the deadline.
Deadline for application submission
Every year, the deadline falls in January or February. It is crucial for people who want to apply for this scholarship to thoroughly research the specifications and submission dates for the particular programme in which they are interested. Do check their official website for further application submission.